In an attempt to head off at the pass the hordes of people who
email me asking intelligent questions (insert smilies anywhere
you like in that clause) I've created the following. Any
suggestions for additions are, of course, most welcome.
- Aren't you the Adrian who...?
- Are you related to Conrad / Paris Hilton?
- What the -expletive- is a suslik?
The Hilton FAQ v. 0.10
Are you related to Conrad Hilton?
I wish. Not as far as our family's research has been able to
Are you related to Paris Hilton?
Dear Lord, I can only hope not.
What the -expletive- is a suslik?
It's a European ground (tunnelling) squirrel (Citellus suslicus) known
as "Perlziesel" in German.
Oh, of course. Silly me.
- Aren't you the Adrian who...
Probably not. Here are a few of the other Adrian Hiltons of whom
I am aware. If you know of any more, or have links to homepages,
let me know!
- Adrian Hilton:
- Lecturer at the University of Surrey.
Involved with computer graphics research,
visual capture of 3D models. Our published papers are hopefully
very different. To make further distinction, I've started to
publish under "Adrian J. Hilton"; to date, I've nearly always
with Jon Hall so you should be clear on which Adrian Hilton has
written what you're reading.
- Adrian Hilton:
- An actor, involved with Christian advocacy issues.
He holds the Guinness World Record for reciting the
Complete Works of Shakespeare.
- He performed the "Bardathon" on the site of Shakespeare's
Globe Theatre at the International Shakespeare Festival in 1987.
He took 110 hours 46 minutes to complete the recital.
- He joined the Royal Shakespeare Company in 1989, and has
directed classics, musicals, variety and opera.
- Stood for the Referendum Party in Stratford at the 1997
UK General Election, getting 2064 votes.
Also wrote "The Principality and Power of Europe",
which sounds like a good read from what people keep
telling me. One of these days I'll actually buy it.